We have known for weeks that we are going to have chicks this year. And today we went and picked them up. Well, I am so stressed/worried about these 11 new additions to our home. I know I should not be so stressed about it. I should be more like George and just read and learn and go with what comes, right? Change drives me nuts. And I usually am fine after I get used to it. But, just before I went to bed I noticed that one of my new chicks has "pasty bum." Well, this morning I had no idea that I needed to watch for that. But thanks to my great sister that reads and learns, I found out that I do. So I cleaned it off like she told me. Then I get on the internet to make sure that I did it right. Now after reading I am so scared that I am going to kill these little creatures instead of feeling like I know how to handle the problems that may come.
(Breathe, Amber)
Sometimes I drive myself crazy. Right now it sounds like all is well in the brooder . . . maybe I will be able to sleep without hearing 11 little birds chirping all night. (I heard that if they are chirping something is wrong.) I am ok.
Here are my cute little birds.




They are cute. And hopefully they will bring me good eggs someday. I will be fine, just give me some time. I needed to "talk" to someone and 10:30 at night is not a good time for that. So, here I am blogging to you all. Thank you for taking the time to read my silly worried thoughts. I will get some pictures with the kids and the chicks, then I will have a more enjoyable blog about my little birds.
THE END!
7 comments:
LOL. I love baby chicks. We would get them Every year when I was little. Only we would get about 100-200 because we would kill them to eat also. :) TMI???
They are super cute. I stress at change too. It's o.k.! :)
love you, always forever!!
Good luck to you, Amber! Craig really wants chickens but they're not allowed in Rexburg city limits so by the time we can have them, you'll be an expert and I can learn from you. How early can you tell if they are boys or girls?
Why'd you get chicks? For the eggs? For fun? Good luck to you! I had 1 chick once and it chirped all the time and drove me crazy and I didn't know it was just freezing cold w/o it's Mommy and sadly my chick died. I'm sure your 11 will fair better than my 1. Good luck!
man, you're brave. It's all I can do to keep my kids alive, I wouldn't dare add animals to the mix.
good luck!
Kari-- the chicks are for eggs and to help the kids learn to work and take care of another being.
Liz-- I'm not brave, I'm insane :)But hopefully all will go well.
Amber. . .you're my hero!!! You're so cool. What a great mom thing to do and what a great way to be provident! They are so cute. You're gonna do just fine with them. If you weren't worried, then there might be reason to worry. But the worry-factor will help keep you on top of things. Just remember, moderation in all things! (in other words, don't worry too much!) Love you!
Usually you aren't just "fine" with change after you stop freaking out, you absolutely love it. It's one of my favorite things about you.
(Sorry this is such a late comment. I love you.)
Post a Comment